***Please ensure you read our Yoni Eggs 101 Guide before using your yoni egg. Sign up for access via our Womb Wisdom Blog***
'Yoni' is a Sanskrit word meaning 'origin of life' or 'sacred space', hence it's used to refer to the female reproductive area i.e. the womb, vagina, vulva etc. It also means 'gift of God' in Hebrew.
- From Felicia yoni eggs are polished and smoothed natural crystals hand-carved into the shape of an egg.
- The egg shape represents new life, hope, resurrection, un-hatched potential, purity, and wealth.
- Ancient Chinese and African cultures have been using yoni eggs for thousands of years as a holistic form of kegel (pelvic floor) exercise and for womb meditation and connection.
- Today, women continue to use yoni egg crystals as a holistic, natural, and energetic/spiritual alternative to conventional kegel balls that are often laden with chemicals, resins, dyes, plasticizers, etc.
- Women also use yoni egg crystals today as a way of connecting to their wombspace, mother earth, and their divine feminine energy.
WHY USE A YONI EGG?
Training your vaginal & pelvic floor muscles to grasp/hold a yoni egg will engage muscles in your reproductive center that usually lie dormant. Stronger pelvic floor muscles result in:
- Better bladder control- preventing urine leak (often experienced after childbirth)
- Stronger orgasms- increasing sexual pleasure
- Toned & tightened vaginal muscles- great for childbirth preparation (to ease labour) and for recovery after childbirth
- Rectified intestinal prolapse
- Reduced vaginal pain and dryness
WHY USE AN GREEN AVENTURINE (INDIAN JADE) YONI EGG?
Crystals have been used for thousands of years. They connect us to Mother Nature and each has a vibrational frequency that we can tap into for healing, self-empowerment, and accessing wisdom.
Green Aventurine (Indian Jade) is believed to:
Calm hormonal imbalances;
Support gynaecological problems;
Balance male-female energy;
Indian Jade also attracts opportunities, dissolves stress, and carries a strong connection to Mother Earth.
HOW TO USE YOUR YONI EGG:
- Cleanse Your Egg: see below.
- Lay down on your back and relax. Calm and still your mind. Let go of all expectations.
- Warm the egg up by placing it against the skin of your lower abdomen (so it sits on top of your womb) and cover it with both hands.
- Set your intention: your intention will direct the flow of energy from the crystal. With your hands still covering the egg, close your eyes, and take 3 deep breaths. Aloud or in your head, say a womb affirmation such as "my womb is strong, full of life, and full of creativity" or "my womb is my oracle, my portal into this world and others". You may alternatively find a prayer grounding such as "open and clear my womb". End your affirmation/prayer saying "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
- Insert: remaining relaxed, gently insert the egg into your vagina and push it up until only the string hangs out. The larger end goes in first- you insert the egg 'upside down'. Allow the string to hang outside of your vagina, or if preferred, remove the string entirely and use your egg without it.
- Keep the egg in for about 20-60mins (the egg cannot get 'lost' inside you). If using it for kegel exercises, you may add weights to the string for a more intense workout.
- Remove: after you've finished connecting with your crystal, squat and gently push it by using (and focusing on) your pelvic floor muscles. Removal is quite easy (push like you're having a bowel movement). Pull the string gently to help with removal.
- Physical & Energetic Cleanse: see below.
VAGINAL MUSCLES & KEGEL EXERCISES:
Contract your vaginal muscles for about 30 seconds and then relax them. Be intentional about how often you repeat this exercise:
- Repeating 3 times: enhances creativity, creative self-expression, inspiration, social relationships, and optimism.
- Repeating 4 times: enhances focus on goals, attention to detail, sense of life purpose, and building firm foundations.
- Repeating 5 times: enhances expression of personal freedom, sense of adventure, and changing course in one's life.
SIZE TO USE:
- Beginners usually start using the largest or medium-sized yoni egg because they are the easiest to hold/grip in the vagina. Starting with a large or medium also helps you begin to develop an awareness of your vaginal and pelvic muscles.
- As your muscles start to tone & strengthen, reduce the size of the egg as the smaller the egg, the more muscle strength is required to grip the egg.
- Our From Felicia yoni egg size guide: small (20x30mm); medium (25x35mm); large (30x45mm).
FREQUENCY OF USE: read our Yoni Egg 101 Guide.
CLEANSING YOUR YONI EGG:
(1) Physically Cleansing Your Egg: Wash your egg after every use with the soap you use to wash your yoni with (should be mild & organic).
(2) Spiritually / Energetically Cleansing Your Egg: Crystals attract energy, so cleanse your crystal before and after use.(You may also cleanse it in between use if you sense it needs needs cleansing. TIP: it'll 'feel' dull.)
There are many ways to cleanse your crystal:
- Sound: the clear tone of a singing bowl, bell or Tibetan Tingsha prayer chime will cleanse your crystal and the area around it
- Water: hold your crystal under flowing water for a few minutes (river or stream water is preferred over tap water)
- Light: allow your crystal to sit in bright sunlight for a few hours or bathe it overnight in the light of a full moon overnight
- Smoke: smudge your crystal with the smoke of a cleansing herb such as sage or frankincense or a wood such as palo santo
- Energy: visualise a clear white or blue light entering the crystal from your hands
WHY WE ONLY SELL DRILLED EGGS:
- It can help make removal easier for beginners and for women who have a retroflexed cervix.
- It's great to have the option to add weights to your egg if you want to.
The drilled hole is 2mm wide.
Each egg comes with a string for your first use.
Your order comes with printed yoni affirmations for your yoni-crystal connection.
Green Aventurine (Indian Jade) Yoni Egg Set (small,medium & large)
Heart (comforts, heals the heart and restores calm).